Tuesday, 17 December 2019 @ 7:15 am – 8:30 am
721 NW 9th Ave #200
Portland, OR 97209
17th ANNUAL PEARL ROTARY WINE EXCHANGE & FESTIVE SWEATER CELEBRATION
DECEMBER 19, 2019
All funds raised benefit our Pearl Fund
What you need to bring:
- A bottle of wine - white or red (not the bottle, the wine inside…) valued somewhere around $25.
- Several $5 bills if you're in the mood to "steal" some vino from a fellow Rotarian (see below for "the rules of the game")
- Optional - bring a guest, a great time to introduce them to the Club, just make sure they also bring items 1, 2 and 3.
- Wear your most festive of sweaters -- the most festive will receive a prize
Rules of the Game:
- You will get a ticket when you arrive, write your name on the ticket and deposit in the draw bucket, bag or hat.
- Tickets will be drawn one at a time, by a seemingly impartial moderator or guest.
- Winning ticket holders have a choice:
- Choose a bottle of wine from the front table.
- Or "steal" from one of the other participants. The act of stealing costs money:
- The first "steal" of a previously selected bottle is $5
- The second "steal" of a previously stolen bottle is $10
- The third "steal" (the maximum allowed) is $15, this bottle can not be stolen again - side deals are always encouraged since we're trying to raise money for the Pearl Fund - but officially three's the limit.
- Participants can always buy out the remaining "steals" for $20 at any time in the process.
- If your bottle is stolen, you can………
- "Steal" one from someone else (after paying the appropriate fee), but not the same bottle that was just stolen from you.
- Select a new bottle from the table.
- Removing a bottle from the table or any attempt to hide a bottle that has not been stolen 3 times or “bought-out” is a foul. Foulers will be severely punished.
- Mispronunciation of a wine name or region is not a foul. Creative pronunciations are encouraged.
- The game is over when the last bottle is selected from the table or everyone runs out of money.